Friday, August 16, 2013

Old and New Friend, Past and Future

Jem jumps in and lands with a soft thud behind Connor.

Connor Coleman nods his head in greeting to Jem

Jem grins "Hello. You look...familiar. Have we met before?"

Connor Coleman shrugs slightly "Yes and no. We will know each other in your past, and my future"

Jem Hayden tilts her head slightly "Well I haven't been to your future. And I remember everyone I have met since being turned." she pouts slightly "Was I human when we met the first time?"

Connor Coleman shakes his head "I believe you were turned then." He held out his hand before speaking "To avoid confusion, I'll introduce myself. Connor Coleman." He smiles slightly both to be polite as well as what he imagined would be her reaction.

Jem frowns slightly then shakes her head "I'm sorry, you don't look familiar."  she starts before shaking the boys hand out of politeness "Connor Coleman."  she mutters his name before introducing herself "Jem. Jem Canon. But you already know that don't you. How silly of me."  she laughs slightly, nervous for some reason.

Connor Coleman smiles again "Yes and no." he spoke picking up on her nervousness yet not saying anything "I'll give you a little bit of a hint. You knew my father. He trusted you, Alan, and Lea with his life" he refrained from laughing as he knew that just saying those names would be a hint within itself.

Jem frowns, confused as she listens, running a hand through her waist-length bubblegum pink hair. She raises her eyebrows as he mentions her family and friends before looking at him closer. She recognized certain features on his face. Holding a hand out she pokes his nose and touches his cheek before grinning from ear to ear "You're Donovan's kid, right?"

Connor Coleman smiles giddily as she started to figure it out. His eyes, one hazel, the other blue, seemed to be twinkling as if he loved giving hints and riddles "Correct, although I was adopted when I came to this realm, an Idea of my fathers, to better understand this realm."

Jem chuckles at herself for being able to work it out, although she wasn't sure why she didn't get it sooner. Those eyes gave everything away. "This realm, why would you want to come here? Unless there.."  she stops, pulling Connor to one side and away from listening ears "What's happened in your realm, Connor?"

Connor Coleman grimaces slightly "I see my father never told you about the war that sieged his realm years ago, for him anyway." He spoke silently.

Jem shakes her head slowly "I don't think he did." she mutters, sitting down and patting the ground next to her, inviting him to sit "There's a lot of things he never told me, Connor. I was only a girl when I first met him. Well, I guess I still am."  she half grins, pointing at her frozen-in-time twenty-year-old body "The adults spoke with themselves most of the time."

Connor Coleman smiles knowingly "Everyone in the group met him when they were children. He always preferred training people when they were young, as for most people are innocent as a child" He then laughed silently at the statement before continuing solemnly "I can understand why he wouldn't tell anyone about that"

Jem snorts slightly "He liked training kids."  she giggles "Well things have changed since then. Alan was my son from another dimension, Lea is now my sister in law after I married her brother after he was sent to kill me."  she sighs, a smile on her face as she leans back against a dead tree "I still don't get told a lot of things, even now."

Connor Coleman smiles again mysteriously "I know all of these things, It may be the future to me, but I still know this" "He sat down gazing at the lake for a brief second before speaking again "You may not understand it but this is your present. You were destined to join the OS, you were destined to become a seer. I know the future and your future is bright, along with all of the old members." he smiled mysteriously again.

Jem laughs "Why didn't I guess that. You other dimensioners seem to know a lot about the past and the future." she glances over at him "Alan is the same."  she closes her eyes, sighing slightly "Why so mysterious, Connor."  she grins, opening her eyes to look directly at him.

Connor Coleman laughs "Knowing that which others don't know can be sometimes fun, but most dangerous."  He sighed before speaking what he normally wouldn't tell people, but as his father trusted her, he felt --he should too "And I do not get my knowledge from being from another dimension. I get it from my father who calls his job the 'Shepard of the Prophecies'"

Jem chuckles up properly "Yes, I know all about knowing the future before others."  she winks, tapping her head "Being a seer and all."  she tucks her hair behind her ear "Yes, the Prophecies."  she shudders, "He told my father about his death. So I'm not really a big fan of them. It made it worse when eve I didn't know bout that happening."

Connor Coleman smiles "I know you do. As well as that I knew you were a seer" He nods somberly at her speaking about the prophecies "Yes, I know. Although the Land of the Prophecies may be a beautiful place, what is contained is not so beautiful"

Jem nods and sighs slightly before smiling at him "I haven't had a vision for a while. Not that I'm complaining. I saw myself meeting Creven, I saw us getting married and having children. All which --have come true."  she shakes her head "I saw my son's death, it pained me for days. Maybe if I had told someone about it, he wouldn't have been killed. Things would have been different." she shakes the thought from her head, her eyes flickering to green before returning to their blue again "But things happen for a reason."  she wipes a tear from her cheek.

Connor Coleman nods understandingly "Unfortunately a lot of things are... imbalanced, including the prophecies and visions." He smiled sadly "Unfortunately once a prophecy is put in place it will come true. The same goes for visions" He spoke knowing about a few prophecies that were happening or about to happen.

Jem nods too "Yes, they really are quite ... annoying sometimes."  she tilts her head, frowning slightly, something different about the tone of his voice "What do you know, Connor? And don't say anything, because I can tell there's something either in the pipeline or about to happen very soon."

Connor Coleman smiles sadly "I know quite a lot. Several that are happening now, and several that are going to happen soon. One you know part of, yet not the entirety. Some, my father, doesn't want to release the details, and the rest, not even my father knows about"

Jem rolls her eyes, folding her arms across her chest "Well isn't that cryptic."  she scoffs slightly "Several are happening now. To me and Creven at least. he doesn't know I have had a few visions the past few months. Not as regular as they usually are, but regular enough."  she leans back against the tree "One I know part of?"  she questions.

Connor Coleman smiles at her reaction to him being cryptic "I am my father's son" He says before speaking again "I cannot say anything at this time. When you all are ready the Second Shepard will tell you" he smiled again at her last comment before quoting "When a group of many turns into a group of few"

Jem Hayden  laughs, shaking her head "You are your father's son."  she giggles, before sighing and hanging her head slightly "A group of many?"  she scowls "Well that's the most cryptic one I have heard yet."  she rolls her eyes again "Why can't they just bloody well come out with it."

Connor Coleman laughs "There are two prophecies I CAN tell you and the others now but for everything else, you'll have to wait for the Second Shepard. The one you call cryptic is among the two."

Jem snorts slightly "They are all bloody cryptic, Connor. Trust me."  she raises her eyebrows "Well, tell me about them then. But..."  she looks at her watch "Not right now. I have to go. Time to hunt down my husband to spend some time together."  she winks as she stands up.

No comments:

Post a Comment